Make Employee wellness your top priority.
Improving your employee health and wellness is an industry wide priority, as it impacts on operational productivity, safety and profitability.
Prevent Type 2 Awareness Campaign is led by Back to Basics Employee Wellness Services and is part of World Diabetes Day. This awareness campaign, held in November each year, will help employees make modest lifestyle changes and cut their risk of developing Type 2 Diabetes.
YOU MAY HAVE PREDIABETES
AND BE AT RISK FOR TYPE 2 DIABETES IF YOU
- Are 45 years of age or older
- Are overweight
- Have a family history of type 2 diabetes
- Are physically active <3x per week
- Ever had diabetes while pregnant (gestational diabetes)
Having prediabetes means your blood glucose (sugar) level is higher than normal (normal ranges for blood glucose is 4-6mmol/l) but not high enough to be diagnosed as diabetes. This raises your risk of type 2 diabetes, heart disease, and stroke.
Without lifestyle change (that includes weight loss of 5-7% and 150 minutes of physical activity per week), many prediabetics will develop Type 2 diabetes within 5 years.
BACK TO BASICS NUTRITION wants to help you make lifestyle changes and prevent Type 2 diabetes through our TYPE 2 AWARENESS CAMPAIGN
BEAT DIABETES BEFORE IT BEATS YOU!
Know where you stand and take this simple risk test to see if you qualify to participate in this campaign:
Joining this campaign you will;
- Take part in Back to Basics Prevent Type 2 4-week challenge: 5-29 November 2019
- Get individual guidance and support from a registered Dietitian
- Learn new skills to make a lifestyle changes including losing weight and being physically active.
- Be provided with a meal plan and weekly weigh-ins for the duration of the challenge
- Be supported by other participants
- with the same goals as you and have fun!
- Be provided with Back to Basics
- Nutrition supplements, all Low GI (Diabetic friendly) for your convenience.
Contact YOUR WELLNESS FACILITATOR
Izette Faul | 082 444 2893